#runlonger with Gel Nimbus 17
When designing the new GEL-Nimbus® 17, ASICS opted for a little more revolution than evolution. Serious weight reduction takes center stage, with a nearly seamless FluidFit® upper that fits and feels like a runner’s dream. The new FluidRide™ midsole and extended Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning system improve upon the already famously plush and luxurious ride. Nothing but the best would do underfoot, thus a new top-of-the-line ComforDry™ X-40 Sockliner sits atop new full-length ComforDry™ lasting for the ultimate in cushioning and comfort. Weight: 8.8 oz. Heel Height: 25mm. Forefoot Height: 12mm.
FluidRide® provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning SystemsAttenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- FluidFit™ASICS FluidFit™ upper technology combines multi-directional stretch mesh with stretch reinforcements that adapt to the athlete’s foot, creating a truly customized glove-like fit.
- Heel Clutching System™Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- Seamless ConstructionThe use of seamless materials reduces the potential for irritation and friction caused by traditional stitches and seams.
- Discrete EyeletsIndependently placed eyelets disburse lace tension, creating a customized fitting environment and enhanced upper comfort.
- Guidance Line®Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Guidance Trusstic System®This Trusstic System® integrates Guidance Line® construction for enhanced gait efficiency while providing midfoot structural integrity.
- ComforDry LastingThis premium insole features plush underfoot comfort while providing excellent moisture management, high-level breathability, and anticrobial properties.
- ComforDry X-40 SocklinerThis premium sockliner features higher rebound properties while providing excellent moisture management, high-level breathability, and anticrobial properties.
- Gender-Specific CushioningWomen’s models feature a lower-density top layer in the midsole, allowing female athletes to better enjoy the benefits of midsole compression.
- Plus 3®3mm of additional height on women’s models helps relieve achilles tension.