The Louisville Triple Crown of Running has a kid component — the Kid’s Runs.
These runs, designed specifically for kids, take place immediately following each of the three triple crown running events.
- March 9th – Anthem 5K Fitness Classic Fun Run (in front of Louisville Slugger Field)
- March 23rd – Rodes City Run 10K Kid’s Fun Run (in Waterfront Park near the 10K finish line)
- April 6th – Papa John’s 10 Miler Kid’s Fun Runs (on the field at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium)
These events are sponsored by Chick-fil-A, and black-and-white inflatable cows mark the runs.
Age groups and distances are:
- 50 yard dash – ages 3 – 5
- 100 yard dash – ages 6 and 7
- 400 yards – ages 8 – 10
Kids receive a special edition Kid’s fun run t-shirt.
Entry fee is $5 for each race ($15 for all three) for both pre-registration and race day. The event is limited.